The government of Ghana, through the Ministry of Food and Agriculture has commenced the implementation of a policy which allows 40 per cent of local content and 60 per cent for imports of poultry products in the country.
This means that an importer would have to purchase 40 per cent of poultry product from farms in the country, and import the remaining 60 per cent.
Deputy Minister, Dr Ahmed Yakubu Alhassan, said this during the closing ceremony of eight-week training course in poultry production for 32 inmates at Nsawam Medium Prisons in the Eastern Region.
He said over $200 million worth of poultry, representing 80 per cent, and other meat products were imported into the country annually.
He said the policy would encourage importers to trade in locally produced poultry products by tying import permit issuance to local purchase.
Dr. Alhassan said it would ensure that some of the money used to import meat remains in the local economy and get paid to Ghanaian poultry farmers and enhance job creation.  

THEUPDATESONLINE.COM is a reliable portal that gives updates to it cherished visitors. its a place where teaching and learning takes place, it gives updates on news around the world, Business and Financial tips, investment opportunities,reviews, and many more. There are currently 3 writers, ,Consultants, teachers and an editor making sure visitors get value for their time and money. The CEO of theupdatesonline.com is SIMON AHAFIA, he is a teacher, blogger, web developer , online marketer and an entrepreneur. He is also the CEO of SIMCEL GROUP.

Posted in News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Do you have any article, news, press release or eyewitness report for publication? Send it to us and we will gladly work on it for you.


Do you have products and services you want to showcase on this website or portal? Just contact us and we will have a great deal.

WhatsApp: +233547489948

Need your own website/blog? Click below and get started

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

%d bloggers like this: