The Commander-in-Chief of the Ghana Armed Forces, President John Dramani Mahama, has in consultation with the Council of State appointed Major General Obed Boamah Akwa as Chief of Army Staff of the Ghana Armed Forces. His appointment takes immediate effect.
Major General Obed Boamah Akwa was until his appointment the Commandant of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre.
President Mahama has, on the recommendations of the Ghana Armed Forces Council, also approved the promotion of the following officers:
1. Brigadier General W. A. Ayamdo to the rank of Major General
2. Brigadier General S. K. Adeti to the rank of Major General
3. Commodore S. Amoama to the rank of Rear Admiral
4. Air Commodore G. S. Evans to the rank of Air Vice Marshal
President John Dramani Mahama has also endorsed the following appointments in the Ghana Armed Forces:
1. Major General W. A. Ayamdo- Commandant of the Military Academy and Training School
2. Air Vice Marshal G. S. Evans- Commandant of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
3. Rear Admiral S. Amoama- Commandant of the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College
The following have also been appointed General Officers Commanding:
1. Brigadier General S. B. Alloh- Northern Command
2. Brigadier General C. B. Alhassan- Central Command
3. Brigadier General F. Ofori- Commander, Special Services Bridage
The President and Commander-in-Chief has also approved the promotion of a number of other officers to the next rank.
Edward Omane Boamah
Flagstaff House Communications Bureau
Office of the President