Is a programme of study intended to expose
pupils to the rudiment of vocational subjects
study at Senior High School level.
Twelve aspects are covered in the pre-
Two (2) Home Economies related areas and Ten
(10) Arts Related areas.
HOME ECONOMIES RELATED :
VISUAL ARTS RELATED AREA :
4. Leather work
5. Paper craft
6. Calabash art
7. Picture making
8. Graphic design
9. Bread making
CHARACTERISTICS OF PRE-VOCATIONAL
1. Use of studio .
2. Practical base.
4. Safety measures .
5 Maintenance of equipment, tools and
6. Mounting of Exhibition
7. Two-dimensional and three-dimensional
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD PRE-
VOCATIONAL SKILLS TEACHER
1. Creativity and Resourceful.
3. Practical orientation.
4. Researching and Experimenting.
5. Good command of the subject.
6. Being conversant with the methods of
teaching the subject.
RATIONAL FOR PRE-VOCATIONAL
1. Foster of creativity.
2. Opportunity for personal development.
3. Provision of career Orientation.
4. Opportunity to explore and use tools and
materials from environment.
5. Study of fundamental skills in the pre-