Is an immediate and temporary care or
attention that is given on the spot to an
injured person or victim before he or she
receives a specialist attention.
Aims of first aid :
1. To prevent death.
2. To reduce pain.
3. To prevent further injury.
4. To stop excessive bleeding.
5. To resuscitate a person.
items in first aid box :
1. Cotton wool
3. A pair of scissors
4. Safety pin
6. Gentian violet
7. Pain killers
8. Smelling salt
9. Cotton bandage
PREVENTION OF FALLS
1. Kitchen should be well organized.
2. Use good lighting system in the kitchen.
3. Any liquid spilled on the floor should be
4. Mend, repair and trim rugs and linoleum.
5. Fruits and vegetables peels should be
disposed off properly.
6. Toys, torn rug and linoleum, news papers
should not be left on the floor.
How to prevent cut in the kitchen :
1. Wash knives separately from dishes.
2. Cut on the cutting board not in the palm.
3. Use correct equipment and tools for
4. Sweep away all broken glasses, do not just
5. Do not use blunt knives as pressure may be
use which can cut fingers.